It’s been a year now since I started blogging, and let me tell you, it’s been a journey! Now, I want to help as many new bloggers as I can. So I want to share all the best tips for a new blogger in 2023!
When I started my first blog, Loving Mama Me, I looked for as many tips as I could. I had never heard of blogging, and I wanted to learn as much as I could. I took in so much information and read so many posts that I got overwhelmed and stopped blogging for a few months.
After that, I questioned why I had started blogging in the first place and had abandoned it so quickly.” Realistically, I had no excuses. I was just being lazy and not investing the time to make myself successful. So at the start of the new year, I analyzed why I had started blogging.
What Tips Do I Need As A New Blogger In 2023?
As a new blogger, I was going about everything the wrong way. I was trying to master every part of blogging right off the bat. That’s when I became overwhelmed. When you start a blog, you sure as hell are not going to know how to do everything right away.
So I came back after a few month break from blogging and decided I wanted to share all that I have learned with new bloggers so they don’t feel overwhelmed as I once did!
So let’s get to the good stuff! Here are the amazing tips that I know will help you be successful as a new blogger in 2023.
1. Choose the right host.
When you start looking into how to start a blog, the first step every guide is going to tell you is to choose the right host. This tip for new bloggers is super important!
You have to decide what you want to get out of your blog and how much you are willing to invest to get it up and running. There are numerous hosts to choose from, with some being superior to others!
I chose to go with Lyrical Host, and I’ll tell you a few reasons why.
- They are affordable and allow you to make small monthly payments.
- Site speed is fast, which your readers will appreciate.
- They have amazing customer support. The support even provides you with masterclasses on how to grow your traffic and more!
- They have an amazing resource library that is only available to you if you host with them. You will find courses, free stock photos, social media templates, and more in their resource library.
- They send you free stock photos every month! You will appreciate them because stock photos will be used in every post you write!
I could go on and on about Lyrical Host, but it’s time to move on to my next tip because I think you get the point as to why they are so great! If you would like to sign up with Lyrical Host, I’ve got a gift for you!
2. Write QUALITY Content
When you start writing content, you’re going to want to make sure that you aren’t just writing to write. What I mean by this is that you need to write quality content that will provide your readers with answers to what they are looking for or help in some way.
If a reader comes to your site and doesn’t get the answer or help they need, they aren’t likely to come read your blog ever again.
Take the time to outline your posts before writing them. This will give you an idea of what you need to include in each post and make it easier to not ramble about nothing when you do start writing.
Aim for longer posts so that your reader stays on your blog longer. I try to make all of my posts 1200 words or more! Trust me, when you enjoy what you’re writing about, it’s super easy to write that much!
3. Don’t EVER forget to proofread.
We are all humans, and we all make mistakes. I can be honest and say that I don’t always catch every grammar or spelling error as I’m writing my posts.
Your readers don’t want to see a bunch of errors while reading your content. You look very unprofessional, and in the eyes of a reader, your content might not be worthy of their time.
I proofread using Grammarly. This is a chrome add-on that catches most of my grammar and spelling errors as I write my posts.
This post was proofread by Grammarly.
After proofreading myself, I send my work over to my blogging bestie so she can catch any mistakes that I didn’t see! Try it; it’s so helpful!
Psst… this post already has 750 WORDS! Doesn’t seem like it, does it?
4. Be consistent.
As with any goal that you are trying to accomplish, consistency is key! As a new blogger, you want to be sure to always be there for your reader’s news blogger, you want to be sure to always there your readers. If you step away from your writing journey for two weeks, you might lose some followers because they haven’t received any content from you in a while.
Don’t put too much on your plate right when you’re beginning, but make sure to show up for your readers and also yourself!
This step goes hand in hand with my next tip.
5. Create a Realistic Schedule for Yourself
When you start blogging, you’re going to feel the need to put hours and hours into your blog. This might bring you to the point of exhaustion, which might ultimately lead you to want to give up.
Even though you started something new, you still need to live your life. Don’t blow off your friends to sit at home staring at the computer. Go have fun and come back and write later in the day or tomorrow! Your blog isn’t going anywhere!
6. Set up a Pinterest business account right away.
Why is it important to have a Pinterest business account vs. just a personal account? Pinterest is an absolutely large resource when it comes to new bloggers.
First off, it is a lot like Google, and it’s packed full of lots of information. On Pinterest, you will find other bloggers like yourself looking for tips for new bloggers.
Secondly, Pinterest will be a huge resource when it comes to sharing your content. You can share every blog post that you publish multiple times by creating different pins for each one! This is a great way to grow your blog’s traffic.
With a Pinterest business account, you have all the analytics for each of your pins. It allows you to see where your traffic is coming from, who is pinning your pins, which pins are being viewed the most, and so much more. Start your Pinterest business account today! It’s super easy.
7. Use Facebook Groups To Engage With Other Bloggers
Who would have thought that Facebook would someday be more than just a fun place for you to go? Facebook is full of groups that allow you to share and promote your blog posts and social media accounts linked to your blog.
There are hundreds, so I couldn’t possibly share them all with you, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Mama Tribe: This is my personal Facebook group that I created for mom bloggers to engage with other bloggers. We had several daily threads for promotion and support if you had any questions!
- Becoming a Blogger: This group is for bloggers at any stage of their journey. The support in this group is amazing! There are daily threads for blog sharing and social media engagements as well.
- Blogging As We Mean It – This group provides the best support available. There aren’t daily engagement threads, but you can ask literally any question in this group and someone is there to help you.
8. INCLUDE 3 IMPORTANT PAGES BEFORE YOU LAUNCH YOUR BLOG!
This tip is important!! Before you can launch your blog, make sure you have these three pages up and running.
1. Terms and Conditions: This page allows your readers to know what they can and cannot do with the content on your page. Say that there is a freebie that you are offering. They can use this on their own, but they cannot sell it because it’s something you own. Some products need to be purchased and have a terms and conditions page that lays out the rules.
2. Disclaimer: A disclaimer simply protects your blog against any type of abuse or liabilities. It allows your readers to understand the information that they are leaving behind on your site so that they can’t come back at a later date and threaten you with anything.
3. About me page: I’m sure you’ve heard of an about me page. This is the page you create to say hello to your readers. You tell them why you started blogging and how you can help them!
9. Start growing your email list from day one.
An email list is simply a list of emails from readers who want access to all of your blog posts. They enjoy what they read on your blog and want to receive tips that you are offering or read more of your content.
Building an email list can take time, which is why you should start it right away! In the future, you may want to monetize your blog with your products( for example), and your email list will be the first to see and hear about these products.